Boxtree Recruitment have been engaged to source a Bridging Underwriter on behalf of a growing Lender who are headed up by industry leaders. Reporting to the Head of Underwriting, you will be responsible for nurturing one of the best performing loan books in the country.
- Ensure new lending proposals are underwritten in line with Lending Policy with any exceptions clearly documented and approved by relevant senior signatories
- Present clear and concise lending recommendations to senior signatories for proposals which require exceptions or fall outside parameters of mandate
- Present Credit Papers to Credit Committee for high value transactions
- Participate in daily deal committees
- Assess and appraise valuation reports
- Liaise with intermediaries on new enquiries and proposals ensuring underwriting requirements and/or reasons for decline are communicated clearly and effectively
- Work closely with Case Managers to ensure reasons for underwriting requirements and special conditions are understood
- Minimum two years in a bridging underwriting role
- Held a sole signatory mandate of at least £500k
- Experience of presenting proposals to senior signatories
- Strong analytical skills with ability to articulate clear lending rationales and
- 25 days holiday, PMI, Enhanced pension (Employee 3% Employer 8%, Season ticket loan, Bonus up to 20% annual salary
Please note that we expect a high response to this position if you have not had a response within the next 3 days please assume that on this occasion you have been unsuccessful.