We are delighted to bring this exciting and fresh opportunity to the market. Our client are a high quality and dynamic development finance brokerage who also have access to their own mezzanine and equity funding lines
The firm target professional investor and developer clients who derive their sole or majority of their income from real estate. The debt levels required for clients in this department are typically between £2m and £50m.
The position available is primarily focused on supporting one of the business principals with their wide-ranging deal flow from a relationship management perspective. It is predominantly residential investment based but with a distinct exposure to commercial investment and residential development.
- Analysis will involve the complete understanding of the deal with the depth of knowledge that is required to present the opportunity to the proposed funder. A high level of attention to detail and diligence will be a required skill set for this specific function.
- The principal will assist the relationship manager with identifying the correct lender and establishing the key components of the deal and will support the initial handover, but it will be the RM’s responsibility to run the case from the principals introduction of opportunity to conclusion.
- Progressing of business will require coordination with the client, lender and respective professional teams. It will demand tenacity with the ability to see a job through to completion.
- A level of intensity and energy yet ‘trust but check’ approach is vitally important.
- Attending meetings with the Principal and client to obtain a clear understanding of the deal, develop the relationship and collate the relevant information to present to a lender
- Liaise and engage with all property professionals in the deal process including lawyers (bank and client), accountants, valuer, QS, agents, contractor and architects and whoever is required to progress the business to a successful completion.
The business will typically consist of the following:
- Residential property investment (portfolio) finance
- Commercial property investment (portfolio) finance
- Residential and commercial development finance
The individual must be experienced at dealing with both banks and clients. They will have a track record of placing or supporting the placement of large residential property portfolios and development deals. An understanding of the whole lending market is preferable from senior debt to mezzanine and equity perspective but not essential.
Presentation skills to lead in generating and designing documents for private clients would be advantageous.
Being adept at Excel and the modelling of project cashflows and forecasts is important.
The RM is not required to originate opportunities, but this would be a welcome skill set and would be rewarded.
There is a company pension, study support and progression opportunities. Excellent bonus of up to 50% of your salary plus flexible working practices and the ability to work from home
Please note that we expect a high response to this position if you have not had a response within the next 3 days please assume that on this occasion you have been unsuccessful.