My client is a professional organisation with a strong people-first culture, they have a family feel and excellent staff retention. They are looking for a Risk Manager responsible for ensuring that significant emerging financial, operational and reputational risks are identified at an early stage and for advising senior management on appropriate risk mitigation.
The role will build risk and control awareness by helping senior management embed robust risk management across all areas of the business.
- Proactively provide risk management advice, identifying emerging risks and advising the senior management on appropriate risk management options.
- Reporting on key risks, including agreeing mitigating controls and escalating other risks
- Overseeing risk reporting on risk management best practice.
- Helping staff across the organization ensure that risk management is embedded at an operational level and that staff at all levels are aware of and manage risk as a core part of their responsibilities.
- Providing early risk management advice to the senior managers on new or unusual activities
- Advising or training staff at all levels on core and on-going risk management issues (e.g. anti-fraud practices, the identification of ‘red flags’ and the importance of customer due diligence).
- Review risk assessment, which involves analyzing risks as well as identifying, describing, and estimating the risks affecting the business
- Proven track record working at a managerial level in a complex, financial environment.
- Prior risk advisory, compliance, legal, audit or corporate governance experience at a managerial level is a requirement for the role.
- Proactive and self-motivated with excellent communication and influencing skills. Ability to anticipate issues, identify solutions and provide clear guidance.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Private medical cover
- DIS – x3 salary
- Contributory pension scheme – Company matches 4% of employee Qualifying earnings contribution
- Onsite parking
- 50% discount on corporate membership of David Lloyd health Clubs
Please note that we expect a high response to this position if you have not had a response within the next 3 days please assume that on this occasion you have been unsuccessful.