My client is a professional and ambitious organisation with a strong people-first culture and they are looking for a Risk Officer to join their team. We are able to welcome applications from trainee through to experienced level hence the wide banding.
- Be point of contact for other departments questions in relation Risk matters.
- Be able to advise and interpret our Lending Criteria and investigate matters arising from Solicitors, Valuers and Brokers.
- Proactively provide risk management advice, identifying emerging risks and advising the senior management on appropriate risk management options.
- Reporting on key risks, including agreeing mitigating controls and escalating other risks
- Helping staff across the organisation ensure that risk management is embedded at an operational level and that staff at all levels are aware of and manage risk as a core part of their responsibilities. Provide training sessions to staff at all levels on key risks, compliance, and complaints.
- Providing early risk management advice to the senior managers on new or unusual activities
- Review risk assessment, which involves analysing risks as well as identifying, describing, and estimating the risks affecting the business.
- Experienced Level : Proven track record working in Risk in a complex, financial environment.
- Trainee Level : A degree with a desire to progress a career within Risk
- Ability to understand broad business issues.
- Problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Analytical skills and a good eye for detail
- Excellent IT skills (proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF)
- Ability to cope under pressure
- Team player, supportive of others, proactive
- Self-educating, curious and pragmatic, solution-oriented mind-set
- Great bonus scheme, free onsite parking, pension, corporate rate gym, competitive holiday, DIS and healthcare
Please note that we expect a high response to this position if you have not had a response within the next 3 days please assume that on this occasion you have been unsuccessful.