My client is a professional organisation with a strong people-first culture and they are looking for a Systems Administrator
- Ensure servers run optimally, working proactively to pre-empt any problems.
- Ensure network infrastructure is running optimally and updated to the appropriate firmware.
- Ensure data is backed up according to agreed schedules.
- Ensure Remote Access systems (eg Teamviewer, VPN) are available, and support remote users
- Perform administrator task for external systems as required.
- Maintain users.
- Maintain printing systems.
- Monitor, maintain and supervise network performance.
- Diagnose and remotely fix any incidents submitted to the IT system
- Assist with major incident handling as required
- Offer ideas for team improvement
- Support users in the use of computer equipment and MS Office applications
- Maintain the availability and efficient running of the telephone system.
- Document support procedures and system configurations
- Provide user support through the service desk
- Maximise the availability of desktop and network-based applications and infrastructure
- Keep abreast of security updates, and ensure that all servers are appropriately patched
- Proven experience Systems Administration using Linux
- Proven experience of network support
- Good networking capabilities, i.e. TCP/IP.
- Proven experience of Windows System Administration
- Experience of supporting MS Exchange servers
- Ability to use system monitoring tools
- Experience of using network printers is desirable.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Experienced team player with flexible approach
- Proven experience in troubleshooting to rapidly resolve technical problems
- Great bonus scheme, free onsite parking, pension, competitive holiday, DIS and healthcare
Please note that we expect a high response to this position if you have not had a response within the next 3 days please assume that on this occasion you have been unsuccessful.