Boxtree recruitment are urgently recruiting for a household underwriter to join a lovely team at an MGA in Basildon. The ideal candidate will have a solid background in underwriting or a great understanding of standard and non-standard household insurance within the UK market.
You will be a trading underwriter 4 days a week and will be working alongside the Technical Management team 1 day a week to diversify your role.
There is a genuine opportunity to make an exciting mark within this business.
- Responsible for underwriting new and existing business within authority, profitably
- Maintain and develop business relationships with the panel of insurance brokers
- Have solid background and experience of underwriting under a delegated authority
- Produce timely and accurate documentation in accordance with compliance needs
- Contributing to business growth through ensuring all clients receive the best class of customer service and support, whether it be during client meetings or from the desk
- Remain up to date on industry developments and have an exceptional grasp on the current market dynamics
- A full UK Driving Licence
- Either underwriting experience in any product line or broking experience within household insurance
- Acturis experience is desirable
- Group Life Insurance 4x Salary
- 25 days holiday
- Pension (5% contribution to your 2.5%)
- Group Medical Insurance (after 12 months employment)
Please note that we expect a high response to this position if you have not had a response within the next 3 days please assume that on this occasion you have been unsuccessful.