Data Protection Information Commissioners Office: Registration Number ZA118665
Information may be provided via the Boxtree Recruitment website (the “Website”), telephone calls, emails or any other communication means.
Who we are
If you have any concerns, or would like more detail about how we process your Personal Data, you can contact us using firstname.lastname@example.org.
Protecting Your Personal Data
Your Personal Data isn’t just protected by the quality, commitment and high standards of Boxtree, it’s also protected by law. The law states that we can only process your Personal Data when there is a genuine reason to do so and it must be one of the following:
- To fulfil any contract that we have with you
- We have a legal obligation
- Where you have consented to the processing
- When it is in our legitimate interest
- When it is in the public interest
- When it is in your vital interests
When we have a business or commercial reason to process your Personal Data this is referred to as a legitimate interest. Your Personal Data is still protected and we must not process it in a way that would be unfair to you or your interests.
If we do use legitimate interests as a reason to process your Personal Data we will tell you that we are doing so, what our legitimate interests are and provide you with a method to raise any questions or objections you may have. However, compelling grounds for processing such information may over-ride your right to object.
How we store your Personal Data
We currently use a CRM system known as BH (Bullhorn), for the purposes of data protection law they act as a Data Processor on our behalf, and we act as a Data Controller. We collect personal data, enter it into BH and we decide how to use it further. Bullhorn processes this data solely under the instructions of our use and in accordance with their Terms & Conditions (which are updated from time to time and available on request). Bullhorn have implemented the following:
- To have a written agreement in place with their clients and suppliers
- To ensure their employees with access to our data are subject to a duty of confidence
- To ensure the security of processing activities
- To notify you of any sub-processing relevant to our business
- To assist us in fulfilling our duties with respect to the exercise of our customers’ privacy rights
- To assist us in our obligations relating to security, data breaches and data protection impact assessments
- To assist us with inspections by the Information Commissioner’s Office
How long we keep your Personal Data
Whenever your data is kept by Bullhorn, we will ensure that it is appropriately protected and only used for acceptable purposes.
We will keep your data for the period that you are a speculative candidate, candidate, client, service provider or customer of Boxtree.
If you are no longer a customer, client or candidate of Boxtree, we will keep your data for the minimum length of time required to comply with the purposes set out in this policy and relevant legal or regulatory obligations. Your Personal Data may be kept longer if we cannot delete it for technical reasons.
Provided we do not have a legitimate interest to retain your details, you have the right to be forgotten and removed from our marketing material. You can contact us by telephone or email to confirm this.
Why we process your Personal Data
We process your data to ensure you receive the best professional service levels from Boxtree Recruitment. We will keep your details on our secure BH system to enable us to provide advice and professional services as an employment agency, to maintain our own records and to support and manage our employees.
If you choose not to provide your Personal Data it may prevent us from meeting legal obligations, fulfilling a contract, or performing services you expect from Boxtree Recruitment. Not providing your Personal Data may mean we are unable to provide you with our services.
The information and data about you which we may collect, use and process includes the following:
- Information that you provide to us by filling in forms on the Website or any other information you submit to us via the Website or email
- Records of correspondence, whether via the Website, email, telephone or other means
- Details of the enquiries made with us, whether via the Website, telephone or other means like job applications and cv database subscriptions which we subscribe to and you have shared personal information with.
Where it is reasonable for us to do so and not detrimental to your rights and freedoms, we also collect Personal Data from publicly available sources such as internet searches and social media.
The information we collect may include:
- Personal details
- Family details
- Lifestyle and social circumstances
- Goods and services
- Financial details
- Education and employment details
We also process sensitive classes of information that may include:
- Physical or mental health details
- Trade union membership
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Religious or other beliefs of a similar nature
Who the information is processed about
We process personal information about our:
- Customers and clients
- Complainants and enquirers
- Advisers and other professional experts
Who the information may be shared with
We sometimes need to share the personal information we process with the individual themself and also with other organisations. Where this is necessary we are required to comply with all aspects of the GDPR. What follows is a description of the types of organisations we may need to share some of the personal information we process with for one or more reasons.
Where necessary or required we share information with:
- Financial organisations
- Current, past or prospective employers
- Educators and examining bodies
- Suppliers and service providers
- Traders in personal data
- Central government
- Credit reference agencies
- Debt collection and tracing agencies
- Business associates
- Complainants and enquirers
- Professional advisers and consultants
Telephone calls to and from our staff are recorded. Notes may be made during these calls and will be recorded on our secure system.
Data Transfer Outside the EEA
We will only transfer your Personal Data outside of the EEA where:
- You have given your explicit consent, or
- It is necessary for us to set up or fulfil a contract you have entered into with us; or
- To comply with a legal duty or obligation
If we do transfer your Personal Data outside of the EEA, we will take measures to ensure it is protected to the same standards as it would be within the EEA by relying on one of the following:
- The country that is receiving your Personal Data has been found by the European Commission to offer the same level of protection as the EEA. More information can be found on the European Commission Justice website
- We will use contracts that require the recipient to protect your Personal Data to the same standards as it would be within the EEA
- Where the transfer is to the USA and the recipient is registered with Privacy Shield. Privacy Shield is a framework that ensures Personal Data is protected to a level approved by the EU. Read more about Privacy Shield on the European Commission Justice website.
In some instances, we may be compelled by law to disclose your Personal Data to a third party and may have limited control over how it is protected by that party.
Your rights over your Personal Data
We will assist you if you choose to exercise any of your rights over your Personal Data, including:
- Withdrawing your previously granted consent; however, this will not invalidate any previously consented processing
- Lodging a complaint with any relevant Data Protection Authority
- Access to your Personal Data that we hold or process
- Correction of any Personal Data that is incorrect or out of date
- Erasure of any Personal Data that we process
- Restrict processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances
- Asking us to provide you or another company you nominate with certain aspects of your Personal Data, often referred to as ‘the right to portability’
- The ability to object to any processing data where we are doing it for our legitimate interests
- The ability to contest a decision made entirely by automated processing, to express your point of view and to request that a human review the decision
For more information on these rights you can contact email@example.com
We may update this policy from time to time, so please review it frequently.
Name of Company
Boxtree Recruitment Limited
Suite A, Unit 8, 327 Southchurch Road, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS1 2PE
Tel: 0203 582 5504
Company Registration Number